This Slimming world quiche is perfect for a quick tea and is a fantastic source of protein as cottage cheese is one of the main ingredients. Perfect for those of you that like a good work out as protein helps repair the muscles quicker. However you don’t have to be a gym junkie to enjoy this family friendly recipe, its great for all the family and a great SP meal idea.
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- 8 slices of smoked bacon cut into small pieces with all visible fat removed (doesn’t have to be smoked),
- 1 tin of chopped mushrooms or 3 large fresh mushrooms thinly sliced,
- 2 teaspoons of lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves crushed,
- 3 large eggs,
- 200g fat free cottage cheese,
- 1 tomato finely sliced,
- 2 tbsp. parsley.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/ 170°C fan or gas mark 5. Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the bacon, mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes until browned.
- In the meantime, place the eggs, cottage cheese and parsley in a bowl and mix well (I normally whisk with an electric whisk to make it light and fluffy).
- Once the bacon and mushrooms have cooked, place them in with the egg mixture and mix well.
- Spray a flan dish (I got mine from eBay) with low calorie cooking spray and add the egg mixture to the dish then place in the oven for roughly 20 minutes until the mixture has set and is springy to touch.
You can add 80g of light cheese to the egg mixture to make the quiche more tastier and use the cheese as healthy extra a choice.
To watch the tutorial for this recipe click here>>> Bacon quiche tutorial