This is one of my all time favourite fakeaways. It is super tasty and really filling and guaranteed to be a success with all the family. The burgers can be frozen and are perfect for batch cooking.
Syn free is using 60g wholemeal bun as healthy extra B and 2 light cheese slices as healthy A or a small wholemeal bun is 6 syns and 2 light cheese slices are 5 syns.
- 900g lean 5% fat beef mine (can use turkey mince),
- 1 small onion very finely chopped,
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves crushed,
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce,
- 1 tbsp. of parsley,
- 4x 60g whole meal rolls,
- 8 slices of bacon with all visible fat removed,
- 8 light cheese slices,
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C Fan or gas mark 4. Place the mince, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce and parsley in a food processor and blend well until the mixture sticks together.
- Spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and divide the mince mixture into 8 patties, shaping them with your hands, then place them on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Spray a frying pan with fry light and fry the bacon slices for 5 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Once burgers and bacon are cooked, place a burger on the bottom of the wholemeal bun then top with a cheese slice and add the bacon then repeat with another burger, cheese slice and bacon. serve and enjoy!
Optional:- You can use turkey mince instead of beef mince and also you can add salad to the burger to help with weight loss. Also you could have the burgers on their own without wholemeal rolls and cheese. Just remember if using wholemeal rolls to syn the butter appropriately if using it.
To see the full tutorial for bacon double cheeseburgers click here >>> Bacon double cheeseburgers tutorial
For the fakeaway feel you can get these disposable burger boxes what really make you feel like your having a takeaway and are great for presentation.