This is my all time favourite pasta dish, it’s so tasty and packed full of different flavours. A perfect family favourite that can be frozen or batch cooked and can be eaten cold for a packed lunch. Be still my beating heart!!
Syn free as long as using cheese as healthy extra a.
- 2 large chicken breast cut into bite sized chunks,
- low calorie cooking spray,
- 8 rashers of bacon with all visible fat removed,
- 160g light cheese,
- 5 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce,
- 1 tsp mustard powder (you cant taste it so don’t be put off if you don’t like mustard as I don’t either),
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar,
- 500g passata,
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves crushed,
- 3 tbsp. sweetener,
- 1 tsp smoked paprika,
- 350g dried pasta (any shape and colour),
- 1 large onion finely chopped,
- 1 red pepper finely chopped,
- 1 tin of chopped mushrooms or 3 fresh mushrooms finely sliced.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan or gas mark 5. To make the BBQ sauce, in a mixing bowl add the passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, smoked paprika and sweetener and mix well then set side.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions, pepper, chicken, bacon and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes until chicken has slightly browed and vegetables are tender.
- Par boil your pasta for roughly 10 minutes until soft but not cooked thoroughly then drain and set aside.
- In a deep oven proof dish add the pasta, the contents of the frying pan and the BBQ sauce and mix together.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes then take out, stir thoroughly and sprinkle the cheese on top. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is golden and ENJOY!!
Cheese can be left out of this recipe and any pasta shape or colour is also fine to use. You can also add whatever b=veg you desire, it doent have to be the veg I have listed above.
To see the tutorial, which comes in 3 parts, for BBQ chicken pasta bake click here >>> BBQ chicken pasta bake part 1