I saw this recipe on the slimming world website and just had to try it. It really does taste as good as it looks. Perfect for a dessert or a low syn snack. A must try! The original recipe on the slimming world website is here >>> Slimming world berry trifle
4 syns per serving
- 4 x 11.5g sachet sugar free raspberry jelly crystals,
- 800g mixed fresh berries, plus a handful to decorate,
- 850g low fat custard,
- 600g fat free natural fromage frais,
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence,
- 2 tbsp. sweetener,
- finely grated orange zest
- 1 level tsp cocoa powder.
- Make the jelly according to packet instructions and allow to cool,
- Pace the berries in the base of a large trifle dish and pour over the cooled jelly, chill for 4-5 hours until set.
- Once set pout the custard over the jelly ensuring enough room is left for the fromage frais on top.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the fromage frais, vanilla essence and sweetener and spoon it on top of the custard.
- Decorate the trifle with the grated orange zest, handful of berries and dust with the 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
Any fruit can be used to suit your preference and also any flavour of jelly crystals can be used as long as its sugar free, just ensure you check syn values if changing flavour of jelly.
To see the tutorial for berry trifle click here >>> Berry trifle tutorial