These are a great way to cut out lots of syns and enjoy guilt free. Perfect for all the family and really quick and easy to make. Can be frozen and also great for batch cooking.
2.5 syns per portion
- 4 boneless chicken breasts,
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves crushed,
- 1 tbsp. of parsley,
- 2 tbsp. of fat free natural fromage frais,
- 3 level tbsp. of parmesan cheese,
- 2small eggs beaten,
- 28g paxo golden breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C or gas mark 5. Slice lengthways down one side of the chicken breasts to form a pocket, do not cut through the other side.
- In a bowl add the garlic, 2 tbsp. of the parmesan cheese, parsley and fromage frais and mix well. Spoon the mixture into each pocket in the chicken breast and seal by putting a cocktail stick through the opening of the pocket.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg and then sprinkle the breadcrumbs over each one then repeat the process for each chicken breast making sure they have 2 coats of egg and breadcrumbs. Then sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and place each chicken breast on the tray. Cook for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned. Serve and enjoy!
Optional:- If you want to save syns you could use 2 small whole meal slices as your healthy extra b and blend them in a food processor to use instead of the golden breadcrumbs, so if your serving 4 you could use 8 slices of small whole meal slices. You can also add any filling you want e.g. ham and cheese (but you would have to use the cheese as healthy extra a or syns appropriately)