This is a fantastic healthy version of the classic chow mien minus lots of syns, this is an original slimming world recipe that need no adapting what so ever. It’s everything you need from a chow mien. For the original recipe click here >>> Slimming world Chinese chicken chow mien. Don’t be put of by the chilli etc. as I hate spicy food and this was just to my liking. Can be batch cooked and frozen.
0.5 syns per serving
- 4 tbsp. light soy sauce,
- 1 level tbsp. of hot chilli sauce,
- 4 tsp of lazy garlic or 4 garlic cloves,
- 2cm root ginger peeled and finely grated,
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder,
- 3 large chicken breast finely slices,
- 3 nests of dried egg noodles,
- low calorie cooking spray,
- 200g mangetout sliced lengthways,
- 225g can of water chestnuts drained,
- 225g can of bamboo shoots drained,
- 1 pepper finely sliced (any colour),
- 8 spring onions finely chopped,
- 4 tbsp. dark soy sauce.
- In a bowl add the light soy sauce, hot chili sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and 5 spice powder. Add the chicken and mix well so that the chicken is thoroughly coated, then leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and stir fry for 5 minutes until slightly brown.
- Add all remaining vegetables and stir fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the noodles, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
You can leave the chicken mixture out and then it would be suitable for vegetarians. Also you can leave out any ingredients you dislike.
To see the tutorial for this recipe click here >>> Chinese chicken chow mien