This is the perfect fakeway. Its quick and super tasty and you don’t need a degree in cooking to make it either!! Its a got a good amount of speed food in it also. Perfect with some rice or slimming world chips or some cauliflower rice if doing an SP day. Can be frozen and great for batch cooking.
- 3 small onions very finely chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of lazy garlic or 1 garlic clove crushed,
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder (either mild, medium or hot depending on preference),
- 2 chicken breast chopped into bite sized chunks,
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes drained,
- 1 squirt of tomato puree,
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- half a pint of cold water,
- 1 chicken stock cube.
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat, add the onions and quarter of a pint of water and the chicken stock cube. Cook for 10 minutes (if the onions dry out add a tiny bit of water to keep them moist).
- Add the garlic and the curry powder and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, drained tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and add the remaining quarter of a pint of water to the mixture.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
You can serve this with rice, cauliflower rice or any side you wish to use. You can also use what ever heat of curry powder you desire.