You can’t go wrong with this healthy take on this classic breakfast. Its filling, delicious and is sure to go down well with all the family. Great for when you have a bit of extra time maybe at the weekends and a great filling meal which can also be used as a lunch or tea too.
- 4 rashers of bacon with all visible fat removed (Smokey bacon can be used if preferred),
- 2 large eggs,
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes,
- 1 tin of chopped mushrooms or 3 fresh mushrooms finely sliced,
- 1 tin of baked beans,
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, over a medium heat add the bacon, mushrooms and eggs. Cook for roughly 10 minutes until cooked.
- In 1 pan add your chopped tomatoes, and in another pan add your baked beans. Cook over a medium heat for roughly 5 minutes until piping hot.
- serve your bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans and tinned tomatoes on to a large plate and enjoy!
Optional:- You could add 2 small whole meal slices of bread from a 400g loaf and use it as your healthy extra b. Also you could add grilled tomatoes and/or low fat or fat free sausages. If using low fat sausages always check the Syn value and Syn appropriately.