This is one of my favourite chicken recipes, the flavours combined in this dish are just super tasty. Perfect for freezing or eating cold, this recipe is designed to leave clean plates with all the family. Definitely a must try.
0.5 syn per portion as long as classing cheese as healthy extra a otherwise syn at 5.5 per portion
- 1 small onion very finely chopped,
- 400ml of passata,
- 4 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar,
- 3 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce,
- 4 tbsp. of artificial sweetener (this is now 0.5 syns per tablespoon per portion)
- 4 chicken breasts,
- 8 slices of bacon with all fat removed,
- 8 slices of light cheese,
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan or gars mark 5. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Place over a medium heat and add the onion. cook for roughly 5 minutes until the onion is soft and slightly browned.
- Add the passata, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sweetener and cook for roughly 10 minutes on a low simmer, then take off the heat.
- Take 4 ovenproof dishes that are just big enough to fit each chicken breast in or you could add all 4 chicken breasts in a large oven proof dish. Slit each chicken breast down the middle, taking care not to go straight through to the bottom or sides.
- Pour the sauce in the frying pan over each chicken breast, making sure it goes in the slit. Then place 2 bacon strips over each chicken breast.
- Place in the oven for roughly 20 minutes then take out and place 2 light cheese slices on each chicken breast and pop back in the oven for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve and enjoy.
Optional:- You could add more veg into the sauce if required for example mushrooms and/or peppers.
To see the full tutorial for this recipe click here >>> Hunters chicken tutorial
Here are some mini dishes that are perfect for this recipe >>