This is one of my favourite fakeaways! Now just to make you aware the smash is classed as a “Tweak”, a tweak is something that isn’t being used as its intended purpose. So for example, bananas are meant to be eaten and not mashed or puréed, so smash is designed to make mash not coat chicken. It can also take away its filling power and add unnecessary calories into your food. I’ve used this recipe over and over again in my weight loss journey and it has never effected my losses, however it is your decision whether you want to class it as a tweak or syn it appropriately, either way your saving yourself over 10 syns so you really cant complain.
Syn free if classing as a tweak or if not syn at 3 syns per serving.
- 2 chicken breast sliced lengthways,
- 2 eggs beaten,
- 6 tbsp. of smash,
- 1 chicken Oxo cube,
- 3 tsp of paprika,
- 2 tsp of cayenne pepper,
- 1 tsp of garlic granules,
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper,
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C or gas mark 5. In a bowl add the smash, Oxo cube, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic granules and black pepper and mix together.
- Place the eggs in another bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Take each piece of chicken and dip it in the egg then the smash mix and repeat the process once.
- Spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and place the coated chicken on the baking tray.
- Place in the oven for roughly 30 minutes until golden brown. serve and enjoy.
Optional:- You can use 2x small wholemeal slices blended in a food processor and use it as healthy extra b if desired. You could also add a bit of chili powder to the mixture if you wanted a bit of a spicy kick to it.
To see the full tutorial of this recipe click here >>> KFC chicken tutorial