The family favourite slimming world dish is guaranteed to go down well with all the family. To make this recipe even more appealing its also vegetarian friendly. A healthy take on macaroni cheese with the same delicious flavours, a must try. Can be frozen too!
Free if using cheese as healthy extra a
- 300g of macaroni,
- low calorie cooking spray,
- 1 onion finely chopped,
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves,
- 1 pepper very finely chopped (any colour),
- 1 Courgette,
- 400ml vegetable stock,
- 4 tbsp. of tomato puree,
- 200g low fat cottage cheese,
- 2 eggs beaten,
- 160g light cheese grated.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan or gas mark 6. Cook the macaroni pasta according to the packet instructions then once cooked drain and add to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, pepper and courgette and cook for roughly 5 minutes until tender.
- Add the veg to the macaroni in the large bowl.
- Put the stock, tomato puree, cottage cheese and eggs in a separate bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the liquid to the macaroni and add 2/3rd of the cheese into the mixture. Mix well then transfer to a oven proof dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is slightly browned.
Any extra veg can be added to this dish and its great served with salad.
To watch the tutorial on how to make this dish then click here >>> Macaroni cheese tutorial