This recipe, is super easy, vegetarian friendly, freezer friendly an can be batch cooked too. Its great if your short of time or if your doing a SP day. It ensures your getting your speed food in there and is also a great source of vitamin D.
- 1 large Portobello mushroom,
- 1 teaspoon of parsley,
- 1 large egg,
- low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C Fan or gas mark 5. Remove the stalk from the mushroom and scrape all the black insides out using a teaspoon.
- Once the mushroom has been scraped, spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and place the mushroom upside down so that the inside is facing up, on the baking tray.
- Crack the egg into the mushroom and sprinkle with parsley. Season if required.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the egg is cooked.
You can add 40g light cheese on top of the mushroom and use the cheese as your healthy extra a choice to keep the dish syn free. You can also add bacon pieces or chicken to the egg mixture if your not a vegetarian.
To watch the tutorial for this recipe click here >>> Mushroom egg cup tutorial