This recipe is a great way to get fish into your diet and is great brain food. With its thick and creamy sauce its the perfect dish for any occasion with great filling power.
0.5 syns per portion
- 10 medium potatoes peeled and chopped in chunks,
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- 1 large onion finely chopped,
- 350ml fish stock,
- 2 salmon fillets skinned and cut into bite size pieces,
- 2 cod fillets skinned and cut into bite size pieces,
- 1 tbsp. parsley,
- 2 level tsp of corn flour,
- 1 tin of chopped carrots.
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water, cook for 20-30 minutes until tender then drain. Mash the potatoes well until its smooth and all lumps have gone then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan or gas mark 5. Spray a small frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender and slightly browned.
- In a pan place the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the salmon, cod fillets and carrots and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes then stir in the parsley.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the fish pieces and carrots from the stock into a large oven proof dish. Mix the corn flour with 1 tbsp. of cold water then add to the stock and simmer on a low heat for roughly 5 minutes until the sauce thickens up. Add the onions then pour the sauce mixture over the fish in the oven proof dish and mix well.
- Add the mash on top of the fish mixture and smooth the mash down. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the mash is slightly browned on top.
Any fish can be used in this recipe and prawns can also be added. You can also add extra veg to the recipe if required.