These roast potatoes are the perfect side for your Sunday roast. Soaked full of juicy beef stock, they are a different take on the traditional roast potato and once you have tried them once, they will be a new favourite for all the family.
- 5 large potatoes peeled (I use Maris pipers as they are really soft),
- 1 beef Oxo cube (can use chicken Oxo),
- 300ml boiling water.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan or gas mark 6. Chop each potato into quarters and place in a deep oven proof dish.
- In a mixing jug add 300ml of boiling water and add the Oxo cube, stir well and pour over the potatoes then season to taste.
- Place in the oven for 40- 50 minutes turning frequently until soft and tender.
You can use a chicken Oxo cube instead of a beef one to experience a different taste.