This is a super quick and easy risotto which is vegetarian friendly and can be cooked in less than 30 minutes. Great for weight loss as its packed full of speed foods and great for lunches or to be eaten cold too.
- low calorie cooking spray,
- 1 large onion finely chopped,
- 2 teaspoons of lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves,
- 1 tin of chopped carrots or 1 fresh carrot finely chopped,
- 1 tin of green beans or 100g fresh or frozen green beans,
- 350g risotto rice (I used amoretti rice),
- 1.5 litre of vegetable stock using 7 veg Oxo cubes,
- 2 tin of garden peas or 200g fresh or frozen garden peas.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the carrots and green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes until browned.
- Add the rice and half of the vegetable stock (750ml) to the frying pan and simmer on a medium heat for 10 minutes until the stock has evaporated.
- Add the rest of the stock and the garden peas and continue to cook on a medium heat for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is soft and the stock is a creamy mixture. Serve and enjoy.
Optional:- This doesn’t have to be a vegetarian dish, you can add any desired meat to the dish. Just add the meat when cooking your onions and garlic then continue the steps as normal. Also you can use any veg you require. It can be more or less veg. But the more the better it will be for weight loss.
To see the tutorial for this recipe click here >>> Risotto tutorial