I don’t actually know who created this recipe as I’ve seen lots of variations on it. But what I can say is who ever created it needs a big high 5 because they are super tasty! It really is one of the nicest sweet treats I’ve tasted whilst following the slimming world plan and also they are super simple to make too. These are great to make with your children too as I know my son loves making then (and also loves eating them all too!!)
Makes 10 cupcakes
2 syns per cupcake
- 3 eggs,
- 23g of sweetener,
- 57g self raising flour,
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence,
- 1 level tbsp. of cocoa powder,
- 1 options chocolate caramel sachet,
- 10 rolos,
- 10 small cupcake cases.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan or gas mark 5. Whisk the eggs, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl with an electric whisk for roughly 5 minutes with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy (this will help the buns rise),
- Fold in the flour, chocolate sachet and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Place 10 small cupcake cases inside a cupcake tray and spoon the mixture evenly into the 10 cases.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes then take out and push a rolo face down into the cupcakes and place back in the oven for a further 5-8 minutes or until springy to touch.
You can leave the rolos out and just syn each bun at 1 syn.
To watch the tutorial for this recipe click here >>> Rolo cupcakes tutorial