This is a great fakeaway that’s quick and easy to make and will go down a treat with the whole family. If your like me and hear the word chili and your mouth already waters with the thought of the spiciness do not worry, this can be adapted to however hot you like it. I used a mild chili powder and it was lovely and wasn’t spicy at all.
This recipe is classed as a tweak (something that isn’t being used for its original purpose so takes away its filling power). I always class this as syn free but if you would like to syn this dish the class it as 2 syns per serving. I’ve never synned this and it hasn’t effected my loses but its each to their own.
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into thin strips,
- 50g smash,
- 2 eggs whisked,
- 2 tsp of chili powder (I used mild),
- 2 tsp of garlic granules,
- 2 tsp of salt,
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan or gas mark 5. Add the smash, chili, garlic and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- whisk the 2 eggs together in a separate dish. Take a chicken strip, dip it in the egg then the smash mixture and repeat the process once more.
- Spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and place the chicken strip on the baking tray. Repeat the process with each of the chicken strips.
- Once they are all laid on a baking tray sprinkle some chili and salt over the chicken strips and place in the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes until browned. Serve and enjoy!
Optional:- You can use breadcrumbs for the chicken coating and class it as your healthy extra b to make it feel more naughty. You can also use whatever mildness of chili powder you need.
To see the tutorial for salt and chili chicken click here >>> https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kzwTzkgNPpI