This Slimming world dish is perfect for those cold winter nights. It freezes great and is also great for batch cooking. Packed full of speed foods it bound to boost your weight loss.
- 4 carrots finely chopped or 1 tin of chopped carrots,
- 1 onion finely chopped,
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley,
- 300ml vegetable stock,
- 12 slimming world Syn free sausages (or any fat free sausages are fine as long as synned appropriately),
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- 1 tin of chopped mushrooms or 3 fresh mushrooms finely chopped,
- 1 tsp of artificial sweetener,
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 170°c fan or gas mark 5. Place the carrots, mushrooms and onion in a large pan with the parsley and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes until veg is tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and place the sausages on it. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning frequently. Once cooked wait to cool then cut the sausages into small chunks.
- Add the sausages, tomatoes and sweetener to the veg mixture in the pan.
- Transfer the casserole mixture into an oven proof dish and cook for 10-15 minutes until bubbling.
You can add any veg you wish to the casserole but be sure to add some more stock if adding more veg.
To watch the tutorial on how to make this click here >>> Sausage casserole tutorial