This is one of my favourite recipes, its an all time classic family friendly recipe. Its got a healthy twist to keep the fat content down and packed full of raw, fresh ingredients designed to boost your weight loss. This recipe is freezer friendly and is great for batch cooking too. Guaranteed empty plates at tea time with all the family.
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- 1 large onion finely chopped,
- 2 tsp of lazy garlic or 2 cloves crushed,
- 500g 5% lean mince beef (can use turkey),
- 2 tins of chopped mushrooms or 6 fresh finely sliced,
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes with herbs (herbs optional),
- 300ml beef stock,
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce,
- 350g dried spaghetti,
- 1 tin of chopped carrots or 1 fresh carrot finely chopped,
- 1 celery finely chopped.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and celery and fry for 5-7 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the mince and cook for 5-10 minutes until the mince has browned. Add the carrots, tinned tomatoes, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat until the sauce has thickened.
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain then serve on a plate with the mince mixture on top of the spaghetti.
You can use dried pasta and have pasta bolognaise if desired. You can also add 40g of light cheese to each portion and use the cheese as healthy extra a choice to keep the dish free. You can also add or removed any vegetable that you like or dislike.