This recipe is so easy to make and is guaranteed to go down well with the little ones one. Perfect for freezing and batch cooking.
- 400g dried spaghetti,
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- 4 teaspoons of lazy garlic or 4 garlic cloves crushed,
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes with herbs (herbs optional),
- 2 squirts of tomato puree,
- 700g 5% fat mince beef (you could use turkey mince),
- 1 large egg beaten.
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender for roughly 10 minutes. Once soft transfer half the onions to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Cook the remaining onions in the frying pan for an extra 10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and cook for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Add the mice and egg to the bowl where the cool onions are in. Mix together very well and make sure all the ingredients are stuck together.
- Shape the mixture into 20 meatballs and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place on a medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for roughly 10-15 minutes turning frequently (check they are cooked in the centre before serving). Add the tomato sauce mixture to the frying pan and gently cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions, once cooked drain and serve on a plate with the meatballs and sauce on top of the bed of spaghetti.
You can use turkey mince for these meatballs and also you could add 40g of light cheese on top of the meatballs and use the cheese as your healthy extra a choice.