This dish is great for getting your fish intake in your diet. It is perfect for all the family and packed full of foods guaranteed to help aid weight loss. Can be frozen and batch cooked and is also perfect eaten cold for packed lunches.
Syn free if using cheese as healthy extra a or 6 syns per portion
- 350g dried pasta (doesn’t matter what shape),
- 1 large onion very finely diced,
- 150frozen sweetcorn,
- 150g frozen peas,
- 250g tub of quark,
- 175g fat free fromage frais,
- 160g reduced fat cheese grated,
- 3 small tins of tuna drained,
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C or gas mark 5. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Spray a small frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until slightly brown.
- Turn the heat down to low then add frozen peas and sweetcorn and cook for 5 minutes until the veg has defrosted.
- Once pasta has cooked drain and place it back in the pan. Add the veg to the pasta and also add the fromage frais, quark, tuna and half of the cheese. stir well.
- transfer the mixture into an oven proof then top with remaining cheese and cook in the oven for roughly 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden brown. serve and enjoy.
optional:- You can use any veg you want in the pasta and you can also leave out the cheese if required.
To see the full tutorial for this recipe click here >>> tuna pasta bake tutorial