This recipe is great for cutting out the carbs and syns by using a turkey breast as a pizza base. This is a great family friendly recipe that can also be frozen.
Free if using cheese as healthy extra a
- 2 turkey breast steaks,
- 1 pepper finely chopped (any colour),
- 1 small onion finely chopped,
- 1 tsp of lazy garlic or 1 garlic clove crushed,
- 1 tin of chopped mushrooms or 3 mushrooms finely sliced,
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn,
- 2 tsp of tomato puree,
- 200ml passata,
- 80g light cheese grated,
- low calorie cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan or gars mark 5. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the turkey breast and cook for roughly 10 minutes turning frequently until browned on both sides. Once cooked spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray and place the turkey breast on there.
- In the frying pan add peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes until browned and softened. Add the sweetcorn and passata and cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Spread the tomato puree thinly across the base of the turkey breasts and then add the vegetable and passata mixture on top of the turkey breasts to create a pizza topping. Add 40g of light cheese to each turkey breast.
- Place in the oven for roughly 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
Cheese can be left out and you can use any veg you require for the toppings, it doesn’t have to be the vegetables I have listed.
To see the tutorial for this recipe click here >>> Turkey pizza melts