This is a great sharing dish as the wedges can be dipped into the mice mixture and treated like a sharing platter. I wouldn’t advise this to be frozen as the wedges probably wouldn’t turn out great and will end up soggy.
Syn free as long as primula cheese as healthy extra A or 75g is 6 syns.
- 5 medium potatoes cut into wedges,
- 500g 5% lean mince beef,
- 1 onion finely chopped,
- 1 red pepper diced,
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes,
- 2 tubes of primula cheese original,
- 2 tsp of fajita seasoning,
- 1 tsp of paprika,
- Low calorie cooking spray,
- preheat the oven to 200°C/180° Fan or gas mark 5. Place the wedges on a baking tray sprayed with low calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for roughly 50 minutes until slightly brown, ensure you turn frequently to get them cooked evenly on both sides.
- In the meantime place a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the mince, onions and peppers and cook for roughly 10 minutes until the mince has browned and the vegetables have softened. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, fajita seasoning and paprika seasoning and stir well. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the tomato sauce has reduced.
- Once your wedges have cooked, place them stood up around the sides of an oven proof dish then spoon the mince mixture in the middle of the dish and squeeze the 2 tubes of cheese over the mince mixture. Place back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Optional:- You can add any veg you like to this dish and make it as spicy as you like by adding chilli powder and/or chilli’s. The cheese is optional also.